All volunteer spaces for all Baby Gator centers have been filled for the spring 2023 semester. Please check back closer to the summer 2023 semester if you are interested in volunteering then.
Volunteers play an active role at Baby Gator. Volunteers read, play, and assist teachers in the classrooms, on the playgrounds, on field trips, during meals, snacks and rest time. When volunteering at a childcare facility, a background screening is required.
Individual Volunteering (for coursework or personal community service) *:
- Email the volunteer contact to see if volunteer opportunities are available at one of our 2 centers sites (Newell Drive and Diamond Village *Lake Alice is currently under renovations*).
- Download and complete center’s volunteer packet, including the appropriate background screening. Email the completed packet to the center contact:
- For our Diamond Village Center: email the completed packet to Dawne Morison firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off a printed copy at Baby Gator – Diamond Village, 305 Diamond Rd.
- For our Newell Drive Center: email the completed packet to Tracie Faulkner email@example.com or drop off a printed copy at Baby Gator – Newell Drive, 1244 Newell Drive.
- Your packet will be reviewed, and you will be contacted by email to arrange your volunteering.
*Course paperwork will be signed when the entire volunteer packet is complete, and you have begun your volunteer shifts.
*Volunteers are required to be at least 16 years of age.
*There is a different background screening for volunteers/practicum students who need more than 10 hours per month.
- Newell Drive (Health Science Center) / Diamond Village Volunteer packet is located below.
Download Volunteer Packet here: Baby Gator Volunteer Packet
Group / Organization Volunteering:
- Please contact Dawne Morison: ( firstname.lastname@example.org or 352-294-2240) to discuss volunteer opportunities for group members. Opportunities include but are not limited to reading to and with the children, doing art activities, or age-appropriate demonstration/presentations.